Friday, May 20, 2011

The Day Before The End of The World.

As most of you know tomorrow is thought by some to be the end of the world. I personally do not believe in such a thought. It says in the bible that the end cannot be predicted anyway. But for those of you who decided to read my blog on the eve before the end of everything as we know it, here is how I spent the past few days. :) Yesterday five of us girls headed to Anchorage after a slow, rainy day of work to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was a midnight showing and it was daylight when we drove in and the sun was coming up at 3:30 in the morning when we got home. I have gotten used to it though. The movie was really good, I love Johnny Depp!!

View of a rainbow from the gift shop today


Julie staying out of the weather in her shed.

Today more rain and slightly windy. It feels so good to have my shower and be sitting dry and warm in my bunk. I kept busy by talking to a lot of the visitors at the center. That is one thing that I love about this job is all of the people you meet from all over the world. I talked to people from Australia and Holland today. I stayed at the bear enclosure and tossed a hot dog or two every now and then to keep the bears out front for everyone to see. It was really cool when the train went by today and blew it's whistle. Wylie, the coyote that lives in the brown bear enclosure, started howling and yelping.

Patron



I got a bunch of letters a few days ago from a class that I did a tour for here at the center. It made my day! I have really enjoyed working with the kids and I miss going into Anchorage and doing programs. Kids are our future and I believe that it is very important to make sure that they are educated about nature and how to become good stewards of the outdoors. I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to reach out to so many kids, I hope I have made a small difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment