Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rambling Night

Yesterdays Hike Pics
(Near Earth Quake Park)
View of Anchorage from the trail

Me and Marcie doing a fight scene

The plane! The plane!

Mud flats
The past few days I have gotten to hang out with some of my buds from the center. We have gone hiking, bike riding, and even watched Star Wars in the barn tonight. I have also had time to talk with a few of my friends on the phone. 

The big news in my life right now is I received a letter from ODNR stating that I met the requirements to take the entrance exam for the wildlife officer position. I was ecstatic on the phone when my mom called and read it to me. However, after giving the idea much thought I have sorta come to the conclusion that my heart is not fully dedicated to the position. I have been very torn on this matter all day. I went for a hike and called my "go to person."  I know that I would like the job and do it well but I just do not think that I am ready to settle down with a job of this grandeur. I would feel horrible to keep going through the steps and take away the chance for someone who full-heartedly wants the job. I do not want to get tied down and stuck in Ohio. How many people would leave a full time, good paying job with benefits to go travel and work internships with crappy pay? After coming up here to Alaska I have realized that I have so much that I want to see and I do not want to regret not doing so. I think I applied to prove to myself that I could do it, it is an honorable position and something that I wanted to see if I had what it took to make the cut. I have to remind myself that I have nothing to prove, I can do anything that I set my mind to. And maybe after I have had my fill of traveling I will apply for the next academy.  So, I need to write an email today and try to explain why I am declining to take the test. ughhhhh!! 

On another note I will be back home in Ohio in about twelve days! I cannot wait to get back home and see family and friends. I am very excited to be a part of Earth Camp this year too! I used to volunteer with the Fairfield and Hocking County Soil and Water Departments before I started college and I will actually be able to help at camp again this year. It is a day camp for first- fourth graders ( I think) that teaches them about the importance of nature. I just can't get enough of the kiddos! ha ha ha

I will be working back at Hocking Hills this summer too. I will be so glad to be back with my park family plus I will be able to shoot every night on the range if I want to :) Or hike! 

Hopefully I will be headed out to Idaho late this summer. I am sooo excited about going. I want to see what the campus has to offer and what the area is like. Who knows, I may go out and then just move out there.

I wrote quite a bit in this blog. Sorry if it was boring I guess I just had a lot on my mind and had to get it out. If you have any life advice lat me know cause I am open to suggestions. lol

Todays Hike
(Johnson's Pass)

Ptarmigan 

Gorgeous view

Where we stopped to eat lunch

The trail

No comments:

Post a Comment